Cardinal: 1. (adj) of the greatest importance; fundamental, 2. deep red
• • •
It's the time of year where cupid paints the town red. Creative Director Debbie Baer shares some of her cardinal assets for tackling a day at the helm of The Willary.
1. I can't get through chilly weather without my Cozy Merino Layering Top. Keeps me warm without adding bulk and stays stink and sweat free when I'm running around to our factories. And I love stripes!
2. Hot sauce: On everything. All the time. During my quick stint at a corporate job I kept 3 varieties in my desk drawer. Lunch was the best part of the day.
3. Nivea lip balm: I have 3 on my desk, this is the photogenic pink one. My office is dry, gotta keep those lips hydrated.
4. Ceramic beaded bracelet: A gift from my wife bought on one of her first business trips. I wear it almost every day.
5. Artist's Tape: It's like painter's tape but in better colors. I use it in my sketchbook and on my office walls to tape up everything from inspiration photos to really important papers I'll forget about if they're in a drawer. It keeps its stick but doesn't tear paper or peel off wall-paint.
6. Striped sticky notes: See above re: I love stripes. And they make my to-do list look happy.
7. Sharpies: Who doesn't use these all the time? The thick one is key for labeling inventory boxes.
8. Nars lipstick in Annabella: I put it on and I'm a different woman. Sometime's I'll put it on before a phone call I'm nervous about–no one can see it but that doesn't matter. Makes me feel great.
9. V-8: I have cases of it in the office. I drink one almost every day at 3pm. Weird, but it's that or potato chips.
10. Chinatown scissors: These are the sharpest scissors ever. They were $4 in Chinatown in NYC. If you use them to cut paper I'll come for you.
11. The Willary's Plum Core Pants: Okay, they're not red, but they look so good with red and pink! I love the quiet sophistication of the color.
Also in The Willary Blog
The Willary Blazer so perfectly embodies what The Willary is all about that I couldn’t imagine calling it anything else.